Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Color of Nonsense

COPYRIGHTED***
A Color of Nonsense

I like to hear your stories though most of them are lies
But I listen cause we both like your voice
You're likely selfish but I drink it
Cause I know I'll never let you in
You fall asleep when I wish you'd go
And I run my fingers across your strings
Dedicated to the wisdom I provoke
When I say nothing you think you understand
And your all of the things that I know I love
But not a single thing I want to keep
Ask me about the things been stolen
And I'll let you inside my conscious
You'd do your best I know to make sense of these things
But you'd get lost in my colorful nonsense
Ill let you touch the surface, if you turn me out
But you'd have to be the man we both know you're not
So instead I make the knots that I know best
And even though Im already gone, we both stand still
I always walk backwards to get to the future
But youre somewhere in the middle this time
Not sure that you love me
Because you dont know who you are
So ask me about these things been stolen
And I'll let you see inside my conscious
You do your best I know to make sense of these things
But you'd get lost inside my colorful nonsense

No comments:

Post a Comment