COPYRIGHTED
Melted Rings
Ill take the suffering cause someone must own it
And give you my swift disregard
Foster your decision and tie up the noose
Nothing but this cold to keep you warm
We stay in the streets cause the booze are familiar
And I like the way your hair falls in your eyes
I listen to car radios make love as they dance
Watching your back as you leave
I wear your sweater, convinced that its better
Than wearing nothing at all
I hold fingertips against me, sure to convince me
That no one ever really moves
I buy melted rings to mold against these things
But still nothing ever fits
I take the bus, but we'll never get anywhere
You cant go back to whats gone
Wrap each present neatly though the paper is torn
So you throw it away
I stay in the places where the rain falls in rhythm
Til the drops play me like a piano
I wear your sweater, convinced that its better
Than wearing nothing at all
I hold fingertips against me, sure to convince me
That no one ever really moves
I buy melted rings to mold against these things
But still nothing ever fits
Cut through the weeds, til you find your flower
Nothing grows the way it should
Run along now, we can't cross the mountain
When the miracles been spent
Should of taken the easy, to transfixed on the diamond
But its not worth the money you've paid
Things blow away, but you'll never catch them
Best to stand still and watch them go.
I wear your sweater, convinced that its better
Than wearing nothing at all
I hold fingertips against me, sure to convince me
That no one ever really moves
I buy melted rings to mold against these things
But still nothing ever fits
No comments:
Post a Comment