Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Cello

COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL****

Cello
Everything moves with you and the spaces seemed filled
Quiet when you read me with haunting blue eyes
And I wake to the sound of your cello
You're full of promises I'll never make
Though your body reminds me I could
And you play your sonnet of strings
You ask me about scars, as you trace on my skin
And I know that you'd take them from me
If only I'd leave things behind
I'm not cynical when it comes to these things
I know all of the places I've been
You'd change my mind if I'd let you decide
But I dont know how to let you in
You say nothing, and I know that you'll hold me
And the spaces all cave when you wrap me against you
But I am taking more than I can give
And the cello it plays just for me
You write all the ways that you feel on my skin
And I know that you'd wait where I am
If only I don't let you go
I'm not cynical when it comes to these things
I know all of the places I've been
You'd change my mind if I'd let you decide
But I don't know how to let you in
Everything seems like the last time and I know that youre feeling it too
Watching me for the removal, afraid that I might disappear
And your cello it calls me back home
I'm not cynical when it comes to these things
I know all of the places I've been
You'd change my mind if I'd let you decide
But I don't know how to let you in

No comments:

Post a Comment